The VTM 15000 is used for isolation testing with 1.2/50Î¼s voltage impulses.The VTM 15000 runs together with a combination wave generator such as AXOS5 / AXOS8 Surge Immunity Test System or PSURGE 8000 & PIM 100. The output voltage of the generator is simply doubled, the voltage wave shape remains the same. The current wave shape is not defined any more. The lightning impulse is the most common impulse shape for testing isolations. No flash over should occur during testing. It is important to keep the load capacitance below the given maximum for having a proper impulse shape at the output of the VTM 15000. W.
- 1.2/50Î¼s voltage impulse
- Output amplitude up to 15kV (PSURGE 8000 &
- PIM 100), 14kV (AXOS 8) or 10kV (AXOS5)
- Selectable source impedances 12 Ohm, 40 Ohm and 500 Ohm
- Separate output for each source impedance
- Floating output