The SB474 dual certified Exe/Exd gland offers an instant barrier solution where individual holes are punched through a silicone seal. You then pass through your individual insulated cores and compress to meet all of the requirement of a traditional barrier gland solution. This results in unparalleled speed of installation, inspection and flexibility, with no need for compounds or resin to achieve the Exd barrier seal, no curing time and instant gland completion.
- Provides a barrier seal to the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- The required number of holes for the cores are punched in the seal by a special tool to suit core size.
- Required number of holes for the cores are punched in the seal by a special tool to suit core size. The unique punched silicone barrier seal then provides a barrier seal to the individual cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Female running coupler for cable gland or conduit entry. Can be used to upgrade standard non barrier gland into a flameproof Exd barrier gland.
- Reversible Armour Clamp - For all types of armour and braid
- Patented Cable Gland Tightening Guide - Helps prevent damage caused by over tightening
- Unique Rear Seal - Offering ultimate sealing over an extremely wide cable acceptance range
See technical section of datasheet for installation rules and regulations. Visit www.universalreloaded.com for our full Cable Glands Catalogue.
|Application||Suitable for use in Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21, Zone 22 and Gas Groups IIA, IIB and IIC|
|Ingress Protection||IP66, IP67 and IP68 (30 metres for 7 days) to IEC/EN 60529 and NEMA 4X|
|Operating Temperature||-60°C to +80 °C|
|Series||Hazardous Area Cable Glands|
Certifications and Compliance
|ATEX File Number||CML19ATEX1167X and IECEx BAS 19.0045X|
|Certification||IEC/EN 60079-0, IEC/EN 60079-1, IEC/EN 60079-7 and IEC/EN 60079-31|
Installation/Instruction Manual (IOM)
Please wait, preparing to download your file.