EXB explosionproof and flameproof bolted enclosure, 8 X 10 X 4, Class I, II, III, BCDEFG, Cast Aluminum, Type 4,
Catalog ID: EXB-8104 N34
- High strength, lighter weight, corrosion resistant copper free cast aluminum construction.
- Reduced number of cover bolts.
- Cover o-ring, Nitrile (BUNA-N) material, supplied standard supplied standard for a Type 4X rating.
- Mounting lugs are bi-directional, bolt on, made from ductile aluminum alloy.
- Back pan mounting holes predrilled.
- Conduit and device openings factory or field installed.
- Aluminum hinges and stainless steel hardware standard on mid to large size boxes.
- Recessed flange notches to allow for easier cover opening.
The EXB series bolted enclosures are for use in locations that are hazardous, corrosive, wet, hose down, dust, dirty, under both sever hot and cold ambient conditions. The EXB series is UL / CSA certified for Class I Groups BCD, Class I Zone 1 & 2 IIB+H2, Class II Groups EFG, Class III, Type 4 & 4X. Also, ATEX, IEC Ex, Ex d IIB+H2 Ex tD A21 IP66 when ordered with suffix “CEN”. The EXBs are made of cast copper-free aluminum (less than 4/10 of 1%). Supplied standard with a Nitrile (BUNA-N) O-Ring and ductile mounting lugs. The boxes have pre-drilled internal mounting bosses for factory or field installed mounting pans. Options include viewing windows, control operators, circuit breaker handles, NPT conduit openings & metric gland openings.