Fargo® 4-R stockbridge vibration dampers effectively prevent fatigue damage to conductor and static wires caused by wind-induced aeolian vibration. The 4-R concept improves on the design of the basic Stockbridge Damper, significantly increasing the efficiency of converting wind-induced energy into heat. The improved design employs unequal weights on messengers of unequal length. This configuration doubles the number of resonant peaks from two generated by the old-style Stockbridge Damper to four in the improved Fargo® 4-R. These additional resonant peaks create an envelope of dynamic response that protects the conductor through the entire range of dangerous vibration frequencies.
- Messenger Cable: Materials and stranding are selected to obtain the best energy absorption characteristics. The galvanized steel messenger is manufactured to rigid engineering standards.
- Clamp: The bolted clamp permits easy installation on a wide range of conductor sizes. Aluminum clamping bolt ensures that damper clamp remains tight as conductor temperature changes with current load cycling.
- Weights: Uniquely shaped so that the resonant peaks are effectively distributed over the desired frequency range. All weights are given a corrosion-resistant finish and have smooth surfaces and rounded edges to eliminate possible corona discharge.
- To specify Torque Head/Break Away bolt option, add suffix "O" to catalog number. Example: 6072025O.
- The conductor/cable size range limits are recommended. Physical clamp range may be slightly larger.
- To conduct a vibration study, please consult factory or use the Fargo® 4-R Damper Application Software.