Type NR Neutral Grounding Resistors
Powerohm Type NR Neutral Grounding Resistors are used in industrial power systems for resistance grounding of wye connected generators and transformers. A neutral grounding resistor limits the fault current to a value which is sufficient enough to operate protective relays, yet prevent unwanted fault damage.
- Reduced overvoltages.
- Reduced equipment damage.
- Isolation of faulted circuit.
- Increased protection of transformers, generators and auxiliary equipment.
- Reduced operation/maintenance expense.
- Increase safety.
- Improved reliability.
- Reduced frequency of faults.
- Quicker fault location.
- Increased lightning protection.
Certifications and Compliance
|Industry Standard(s)||CSA, ETL and UL.|