energy efficiency, Interior Design, LEDs, Progress Lighting, remodeling, renovations, Shopping for lighting
Although LED and more energy efficient sources are on the rise, incandescents are still commonly used in home lighting applications. If you’re planning a remodel or a lighting upgrade, it’s important to consider the pros and cons of going with incandescent lamps. Here’s a few to start the conversation.
- Low initial cost (note: high on the maintenance side)
- High color rendering index (CRI – or your ability to render colors accurately)
- Instant on
- No ballast
- Available in a multitude of sizes, shapes, bases and wattages
- Easy dimming capabilities
- Wattage interchangeability
- Very low efficacy (lumens per watt)
- High infrared outlet (heat production)
- Short life (frequent bulb changes)
- Voltage sensitivity
- Environmental impact
Have you considered the switch to more efficient sources?