Killark EXB-NFD / EXB-FDS Series of Hazardous Location Disconnect Switches provide local means of disconnect of service entrance, feeder or branch circuits, lighting, heating, appliance and motor circuits. Rated for indoor and outdoor applications, the copper-free aluminum construction is ideal for harsh and hazardous environments. Configurations are available in both non-fused (EXB-NFD) and fused (EXB-FDS) disconnect switches.
- Copper-free aluminum construction, high strength, lighter in weight and corrosion resistant.
- Fewer cover bolts (no corner bolts required) reduces installation and maintenance time.
- Cover bolts are stainless steel.
- Gasketed flange with O-ring located inside the bolt circle to seal out moisture.
- Stainless steel hinges are standard.
- Switch operating handle of copper-free aluminum can be padlocked, with up to three locks, in either the "ON" or "OFF" position.
- Ductile mounting lugs adjust to irregular mounting surfaces.
- Bodies have top and bottom drilled and taped conduit entrances for power and drain/breather.
- Global applications (ATEX) Enclosures are available for global applications with "CEN" suffix.
- Assembilies that are modified to CENELeC/ATEX standards maintain their North American certifications.
Suitable for indoor/outdoor use, primarily to provide a degree of protection against winblown dust, rain, spashing water, hose directed water, damage from external ice formation and corrosion.