The BR1/BR2 are Bronze Bolted Quadrant Strain Clamps and are designed to be used primarily for deadending copper substation cable bus. These clamps are compact for greatest phase clearance. During installation the cable will slide free under the U-Bolts, or if preferred, U-Bolts may be removed and cable laid in clamp grooves from the side.
- Type BR1 is designed for single cable
- The Sag Eye Ultimate Strength is 60% of the Ultimate Body Strength without fitting.
- Rated slip strength as a % of conductor RBS varies with conductor type, size, and stranding. Minimum slip strength rating on standard strength conductors is 40% RBS (Partial Tension). For many standard strength conductors, minimum slip strength of this clamp series is 60% RBS (Normal Tension). Consult factory for slip strength test data on specific clamp and conductor combinations.
- Bolt and Nut may be substituted for clevis pin by adding suffix "BNK" to catalog number. Example: BR1200NBNK.
- Bolt and clevis pin will be the same diameter.