PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE OUR SITE. BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR SITE.
These Terms govern your use of the Website and your use of information obtained through the Website, including information, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, content, trademarks, trade dress and other intellectual property owned by Hubbell or our licensors and made available to you through the Website (collectively, “Hubbell Content”). Please read these Terms carefully as they impose legal obligations on you and us. By using the Website, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. In addition, for certain activities on the Site, we may further confirm your consent by asking you to click an "I accept" button.
Obtaining and Using a Password
If you register to use the Website and have a valid password, you will be authorized to access the password-protected areas of the Website. You must keep in mind that we will treat anyone who uses your username and password as you. We will provide this individual with all of the rights and privileges that we provide to you, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of a person using your username and password. We therefore recommend that you maintain your username and password in confidence, and that you refrain from disclosing this information to anyone who might "pretend" to be you with respect to the Website. We also ask that you notify us immediately if you suspect that someone is using your username and/or password in this or any other inappropriate manner.
©2016 Hubbell Incorporated. The materials on this website are the subject of copyright protection and are the proprietary property of Hubbell. Copyright entitles the owner to the exclusive right to copy and reproduce the materials. Copying or reproducing the materials may infringe the copyright. You are permitted only to download, display, print or reproduce the materials in unaltered form for personal, non-commercial use, research or study. Hubbell and our licensors retain all rights with respect to the Website and Hubbell Content except those expressly granted to you in these Terms. You may not (i) access, view, modify or otherwise use any portion of our Website not made expressly accessible to you, or (ii) modify, copy, distribute or otherwise use the Website or Hubbell Content without our express permission. Requests for authorization to use the materials contained on this website for any other purpose should be directed in writing to the Hubbell Incorporated, Legal Department at 40 Waterview Drive, Shelton, Connecticut, 06484-1000.
No copyright is claimed on materials, formats or styles, which originated from outside sources when it can be conclusively demonstrated or apparent that the copyright was originated by some other person, corporation or entity. The HUBBELL INCORPORATED name, logo and associated design, and those of any affiliated company, are registered trademarks owned by Hubbell Incorporated. These names, logos, and designs may not be used in any manner inconsistent with Hubbell Incorporated’s ownership rights thereto. Third party trademarks found on our websites are the property of their respective owners. Any other techniques, business information, technical information, specifications, and other such "intellectual property" that may be found on or disclosed within our websites is for informational purposes only and may not be sold or distributed for commercial gain.
Hubbell Incorporated will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide timely, accurate information (the determination of which is solely within our judgment and discretion) that appears on its Website. Nonetheless, some errors may find their way into the Website or may be inconsistent with information or facts that develop within the marketplace. HUBBELL DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT YOU WILL OBTAIN SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, SEARCH OR LINK ON IT. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We assume no responsibility for your use of our Websites
- Hubbell Incorporated, its affiliates, officers and employees assume no responsibility in relation to the use of this Website, the Hubbell Content or any information contained in it. Hubbell Incorporated makes no representation as to the availability, accuracy, or completeness of the content of this Website. Hubbell Incorporated shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from users' access to or inability to access this Website or from reliance on any information at this Website. In addition we reserve the right to interrupt, discontinue, or disable access to any or all of the functionality of this Website or to change its content at any time without prior notice, but we do not assume any responsibility to update it. We assume no liability regarding any use of the information within our Websites and you agree that we shall not be liable for any modification, suspension, interruption or discontinuance of access to the Website, or for cancellation of your account registration.
We make no warranties
- The Hubbell Content, materials and information contained on, or obtained from this Website, are distributed and transmitted "AS IS" and “AS AVAILABLE” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Further, Hubbell Incorporated and its affiliates do not warrant that the Servers supporting the Website will be free of viruses, other harmful components, or defects of any nature. Information contained on this Website, including information obtained from external links thereon, is provided without any representation of any kind as to accuracy and should be verified by the user.
Our websites provide no legal advice
- The information contained in this Website and the Websites of any company affiliated with Hubbell Incorporated are not intended to be legal advice or professional technical advice. Any information posted on any Hubbell Incorporated Website should be considered as general information only.
Technical terms we use may require special definitions
- The information in our Websites may use terms that have technical meanings that may be different from their ordinary meanings and require specialist knowledge and expertise to understand properly and use effectively.
Posted information may not be complete or may contain errors
- We make our best efforts to provide comprehensive, complete and current information on our Websites. It is possible, however, that there may be additional information about one or more products that is not posted to a website. Please use our Contact Us Form to notify us of any errors or if you need additional information about one of our products or any other information on a Hubbell Incorporated Website. The specifications of the products listed in our catalog sheets, correct at the date of publication, are subject to change without notice.
- Typographical or pictorial errors within our Websites which are brought to our attention will be corrected in subsequent updates. Product dimensions in our catalog and installation sheets are nominal and are provided for the convenience of our customers. We reserve the right to make changes from time to time, without notice, which may change the dimensions or information shown.
Third party information may be unreliable
- Some of the information contained in this Website is provided to Hubbell Incorporated and its affiliates by third parties. It is not possible for Hubbell Incorporated and its affiliates to check exhaustively the accuracy of all information provided by third parties. Inaccuracies may arise in that information in different ways, and those inaccuracies may not be evident to users of this Website.
- Although we may provide links to other websites (“Linked Sites”) as a matter of convenience for our users, Hubbell has no control over these Linked Sites and we do not necessarily share their viewpoints and cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information within those websites. Use these Linked Sites at your own risk. The presence of a Linked Site on the Website does not and should not be taken as implying an endorsement or approval of the content of the Linked Site by Hubbell, the activities of the organizations and businesses responsible for those websites, or any policies associated with such websites whether or not those policies are published. Under no circumstances is Hubbell Incorporated responsible or liable for any privacy, intellectual property, or other policy of a Linked Site provided on a Hubbell Incorporated Website or a website of a company affiliated with Hubbell Incorporated.
There are inherent security risks with on-line services
- It is unlikely that there will ever be a security system that is utterly infallible and unbreakable by a concerted attack with enough time, skill, and resources. Hubbell Incorporated has three types of security associated with its websites. One type is for a publicly available website - no login is required, and there is no encryption of any information. The second type is semi-secure - a login system requires a user ID and a password, but there is no encryption of any exchanged information. The third type of website has the highest security - a login system is used with an encrypted data communication system based on Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") encryption. This highest level of security would be used where financial information and orders are involved. Highly secured sites will generally have a URL that begins with https://. . ., and some browsers will show an icon of a closed lock to indicate a secured connection.
- You should be aware, however, that there are some inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet, and with using SSL as the encryption mechanism. If you do not wish to use any of the Hubbell Incorporated company online services, you can transact with us by mail at the address listed in the Contact Us section of these Terms.
- In an effort to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information against any possible loss or unauthorized access.
Acceptable Use Guidelines
As a condition to your use of the Website, you agree to follow our Acceptable Use Guidelines, set out below. Under these Guidelines, you will not:
- Upload, email or otherwise transmit any images or other user content that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity or pornography or is otherwise objectionable.
- Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, personally identifiable information, or other materials that reveal personal, private or sensitive information about another person, without that person's consent.
- Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing.
- Infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Electronic materials – such as music, videos, games, images and text in electronic form – can easily be copied, modified and sent over networks (such as the internet). These electronic materials are thus extremely vulnerable to unauthorized distribution and copyright infringement. These materials may not be transmitted over the Website without the copyright owner's permission or without a legitimate "fair use" justification for the transmittal.
- Transmit materials that contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Use the Website to artificially generate traffic or page links to a website or for any other purpose not expressly allowed under these Terms.
- Use the Website in a manner that could disable, overburden or impair the Website or Services or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website and Services, such as through sending "spam."
- Use the Website to test or reverse engineer the Website in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or to evade filtering capabilities.
- Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through "hacking", "data harvesting" or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Website.
- Use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. For example, you will not use the Website to violate any law, statute or regulation (including, without limitation, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
Monitoring; Revocation or Suspension of Use Privileges
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Hubbell Incorporated and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liability to third parties, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your breach of these Terms.
Modifications to these Terms
We may modify and change these Terms over time. We will not "retroactively" change these Terms, and any modifications we make shall take effect proactively, once you next access the Website. Please feel free to print out a copy of the current Terms for your records.
These Terms shall not be assignable by you, either in whole or in part. Hubbell Incorporated reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
These Terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Connecticut without giving effect to its conflicts of law provisions. Both parties submit to the personal jurisdiction of and venue in the state and federal courts in the State of Connecticut, in the judicial district where Hubbell Incorporated resides. The parties further agree that any cause of action arising under this Agreement shall exclusively be brought in such courts. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Hubbell’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. The terms and conditions contained herein set forth the entire understanding and agreement between Hubbell and you with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede any prior or contemporaneous understanding, whether written or oral.
If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of this Website, or your dealings with Hubbell Incorporated, please contact us using our Contact Us Form or by writing to us at:
- Hubbell Incorporated
- 40 Waterview Drive
- Shelton, CT 06484-1000
The effective date of these Terms is December 8, 2016.
As Hubbell Incorporated is a U.S.-headquartered company, your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to transfer and processing.
Whenever we use the words "we" or "us" or "Hubbell Incorporated," we are referring to Hubbell Incorporated and its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates. Whenever we use the words "our website," we are referring to www.hubbell.com.
Collection, Storage, and Use in the United States
Please note that your Personal Information may be used by us in the country where it was collected, as well as in the United States, where laws regarding the use of Personal Information may be less strict than the laws in your country.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products, services, website, and mobile apps, and to offer you additional information about our products and services. We collect Personal Information as follows:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us
- When you register and set up an account
- When you sign up to receive emails or other communications
- When you make purchases
- When you communicate with us
- When you consent to receive text messages, we collect your mobile telephone number, in order to send you the text messages
- When you contact us offline or submit information to us offline
- When you use provide it through our website or mobile apps
- From publicly available sources
- From third parties
How We Use Personal Information
Hubbell Incorporated may use the Personal Information we collect to:
- communicate with you and respond to your requests;
- provide, operate, develop, improve, maintain, and protect our programs, products, services and content;
- conduct analysis of usage trends;
- support the safety and security of our services;
- authenticate users and to prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- personalize and target content, including ads;
- protect Hubbell Incorporated’s rights or property and/or the rights of others;
- comply with laws or regulations, court orders or other legal process;
- create De-identified Information. We may create “De-identified Information” from Personal Information by excluding data (such as your name or email address) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. There are no restrictions to the way Hubbell Incorporated can use or share De-identified Information.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Providing Services to You, Fulfilling Orders, and Maintaining Systems. We may share information about you with third parties who perform services on our behalf, who provide content through our Services, and with others to enable services and functionality and to perform maintenance and improve the services.
- When you purchase a product or a service from us, we will share select Personal Information, such as your shipping address and billing address, with third-party fulfillment companies in the United States, in order to deliver the product or service to you. We also share your Personal Information with third-party service providers in the United States that provide advertising and marketing services for us, including distribution of postal mail, electronic alerts, email and mobile text messages to our customers and potential customers. We require these third-party service providers to refrain from using your Personal Information, except to provide the services requested by us. We also hire vendors that work on our systems that may have access to your Personal Information in the course of performing their duties. We require those vendors to keep your Personal Information confidential and not to use it for their own purposes.
- You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and vendors.
- Third Parties May Collect Personal Information from Other Sources. Some third parties involved in advertising operations may maintain their own proprietary consumer databases that allow them to personally identify or track website visitors. Other third parties have proprietary technologies to determine what additional devices you may use, on which it can display relevant advertisements.
- Do-Not-Track. Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. The online community has not agreed on what actions, if any, should be taken by the websites that receive the “do-not-track” signal, and therefore Do-Not-Track is not yet standardized. Our website does not alter its behavior or change its services when it receives a “do-not-track” flag or signal from your browser.
- Your Privacy and Ad Choices. You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you on-line behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser.
- As an alternative to the DAA opt–out, you can also elect to block browser cookies from first parties (such as those from our website) and browser cookies from third parties (such as advertisers) by using the cookie blocking options built into your browser software. If you block browser cookies, some parts of our website may not function correctly. Also, blocking cookies will not stop third-parties from collecting IP address, data stored in "Flash" cookies, and certain other types of technical information that may uniquely identify your browser.
Third parties, widgets, and hosted solutions that we may use on our website may use the following technologies for features, services, advertising, or analytics:
- Browser cookies are small pieces data placed on your computer as you navigate websites with your browser. Browser cookies allow websites and various third-parties to distinguish your device from others by having the cookie consist of a unique identifier or other data. Cookies can have many uses, such as to target advertising as well as to enable website functionality and for security. We use both session cookies (which expire after you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. (Each browser is different, so check the "help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Hubbell Incorporated products or services that require you to "sign in", and some areas of our website may not work properly, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
- Local shared objects (such as "Flash" cookies) are associated with non-Browser software like Flash Player. Local shared objects can be used like cookies to distinguish your device from others but will not be deleted or blocked using browser cookie controls. You can visit adobe.com for guidance on how to delete and block Flash cookies.
- HTML5 local storage is another way that browsers can distinguish your device from others as well as remember data that may be important for the functioning of the website. Typically HTML5 local storage is only deleted if all Internet history, cache, and cookies are deleted. You should check your browser software for how to delete HTML5 local storage in your particular case.
- Web beacons are image files that are used by third-party advertisers, analytics companies, and others. Web beacons are embedded in web pages you visit and cause your browser to share its IP address with the third-party source of the beacon, together with any cookies associated with that third-party. Web beacons can be used with or without cookies. Blocking cookies will not stop your IP address from being shared through the use of beacons.
- E-tags are used to prevent duplicative downloading of content to your browser, which can enhance browser performance. E-tags use unique identifiers for content that can also be used to distinguish your browser in certain instances from others. Typically e-tags are only deleted if all Internet history, cache, and cookies are deleted. You should check your browser software for how to delete e-tags in your particular case.
Our Mobile Apps may use the following technologies for features, services, advertising, or analytics:
- Collection of device identifiers, such as Android ID and MAC address
- Collection of geolocation, including precise geolocation
- Device name
- Collection of platform specific identifiers such as Apple's Identifier for Advertising and Identifier for Vendor, and Android ID or Android's advertising identifier
- Collection of carrier-related information including the name of your wireless carrier, and IDs related to the cell phone hardware in your phone as well as the network to which the device is connected
- IP address
- Mobile phone number
- App-specific and instance-specific identifiers
Other technologies. Our website and mobile apps may occasionally use other technologies both for purposes of advertising as well as for features and services.
Social Network Widgets
Our website may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
How You Can Stop Receiving Communications
When you receive sales flyers, advertisements, direct mail, and other promotional communications from us, including e-mail, you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the email you receive, or by contacting us directly using the Contact Us Form. Once you have submitted your email address to "unsubscribe," please note that you may continue to receive emails for a time while our system updates your request. On our website, you may change any of your Personal Information by logging into your account and editing your information.
Information from Children Under 13
This website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under 13 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under 13 years of age. Please contact Hubbell Incorporated using this Contact Us Form if you think we may have inadvertently collected such information, and we will attempt to delete the information.
Links to Other Websites
We implement technical, administrative, and organizational safeguards to prevent access to your Personal Information by unauthorized persons. You should know, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by contacting us using the Contact Us Form with a "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line or in the body of your message. Be sure to provide in the request sufficient information to properly identify you and/or the members of your family.
How You Can Reach Us
- Hubbell Incorporated
- 40 Waterview Drive
- Shelton, CT 06484-1000 Attn: Hubbell Website
How to Request Access to, or the Correction of, Your Personal Information
Except in limited circumstances governed by law, you may obtain access to and have your Personal Information in our records corrected. A request for access or correction must be made using our Contact Us Form or by writing to us at:
- Hubbell Incorporated
- 40 Waterview Drive
- Shelton, CT 06484-1000 Attn: Hubbell Website
Last Updated: December 8, 2016