Forced Air Braking Resistors
Powerohm is the perfect choice for ruggedly designed units to withstand the rigors of Land or Sea. Our space saving designs feature multiple enclosure offerings, including a large array of Horizontal and Vertical configurations that are engineered to provide the dependability needed to maintain your production levels 24/7.
Powerohm’s unique “Air-Cooled Resistor” design allows for maximum element mass in the smallest frame package. The wide current path of the stainless steel element reduces the need for parallel connections. It also provides the highest efficient watt density and watt second ratios, when compared against other element styles such as round wire or mesh style forms.
Our forced air-cooled units which range from 600 KW to 2.4 MW, feature a high performance blower assembly that provides a relatively low noise solution as well as a powerful air flow. Our custom design features only the highest quality components combined with an all welded rigid frame to insure maximum production uptime.
Powerohm’s braking resistor designs are perfectly matched for your specification and the Brake Module characteristics, providing the maximum torque needed for energy dissipation from the braking cycles encountered in Top Drive, Draw Works and Pump Jack applications.
Standard Packages Include:
- - Rugged Enclosures available in Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel or Powder Coat Finishes
- - Stainless Steel Non-Breakable Resistor Elements
- - Outdoor Front and Rear Exhaust Guards (Horizontal)
- - Removable Outdoor Exhaust Hood (Vertical)
- - Heavy Duty Resistor Terminations
- - Air Intake Louvers with Removable Filter Screens
- - Sealed Compartment for Resistor, Fan and Safety Circuit Connections
- - Heavy Duty Blower with a Quick “Change Out” Bracket System
- - Pressure Differential Switch Protection to Monitor Air Flow
- - Exhaust Temperature Switches for Element Protection
- - Lifting Eyes, Feet and/or Forklift Channels
View our Oil & Gas Breaking Catalog for more information.