Item Added to Your Cart!
The Aclara RF Communications Network provides electric, gas, and water utilities with a reliable and secure two-way communications network having optimum performance supporting multiple utilty applications. The network employs licensed 450-470-MHz radio frequencies for all inbound and outbound communications between data collectors and endpoints.The communications network integrates with many types of gas, electric and water meters, often allowing customers to use existing meter infrastructure and permits for upgrades to new meters with full compatibility.
- Scalable for small to medium sized utilities serving a few hundred customers or large municipalities and IOU's serving hundreds of thousands or millions of electric, water and gas accounts.
- Designed for growth to accommodate increasing endpoints without the need for additional network infrastructure or store-and-forward relay devices (repeaters).
- Redundant collection points – Each endpoint’s transmissions are located within range of at least two or more Data Collector Units (DCUs). This redundancy ensures continuous communications with a typical read rate over 98.5%.
- Dynamic Failover Routing – A failure of one network device does not affect the entire Network. The Aclara RF Network uses conservative design, built-in redundancy, continuous operation of duplicate communication routes, and multiple collection and processing paths to prevent single-point failures from disrupting normal operation—the success of this design is evident in the high reliability of the Aclara RF network installations.
- High performance with low latency.
- Predictable timing.
- Dedicated, licensed and protected frequencies minimizes the potential for radio interference.
- During any DCU service outage of any duration, collected data is saved in the DCU’s non-volatile data storage. Once power and/or backhaul is restored to the DCU, all collected readings are transmitted to the AclaraONE head end system at the Network Control Center.
- Low cost and predictable maintenance.
Resources and Downloads
Please wait, preparing to download your file.