Software Utility Solutions
The AclaraONE® platform offers you the insights and confidence to safely monitor, manage, and control distribution grid assets in the most challenging of circumstances.
AclaraONE® (One Network for Everyone) is a powerful platform that enables Aclara’s communications technology and adds comprehensive solutions to transform business operations, increase efficiencies, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction. Built to provide actionable insights and the situational awareness required to handle growing distribution challenges, AclaraONE allows gas, water, and electric utilities to securely, reliably, and efficiently operate their distribution networks.
From meter to cash, network management, distribution operations, sensors, and analytics, AclaraONE delivers the broad set of functionalities utilities require to monitor, optimize and improve the operation of their infrastructures under a single platform. Equipped with robust, scalable, next-generation AclaraONE smart infrastructure solution (SIS) software, network operators can react faster and more effectively while improving the technical and economical operation of their distribution grids.Learn More
Monitor, optimize and improve the operation of infrastructures under a single platform
Delivers accurate billing across all advanced metering infrastructure network technologies
Analyze data collected from sensors on existing gas and water networks for actionable insights
Identify problem areas proactively to prevent outages and increase asset life
With AclaraONE, centralized data management of electric, water, and gas devices couples with advanced analytics to deliver actionable information to improve reliabilityLearn More
Sensors & Analytics
Our robust, solutions analyze data collected from sensors on your existing gas and water networks and deliver targeted, actionable insights that help you improve operations and maximize customer benefits.Learn More
AclaraONE performs network management and securely links to critical business systems via a single, centralized headend for gas, water, and electric devices on our RF, powerline communications, and cellular networks.Learn More
Meter to Cash
Make billing a breeze with AclaraONE® meter-to-cash software, a solution that provides a single, centralized enterprise service that delivers billing data accuracy across all advanced metering infrastructure network technologies and utility customers.Learn More
Find more AclaraONE® Software articles on our blog
How to Locate EVs in Your Distribution Networks
Many electric utilities, experiencing stagnant usage and revenue, are looking to increase...
Frost & Sullivan Award Identifies How the AclaraONE Platform Excels
Distribution utilities can utilize a wide range of software products to help them use data to...
What Utilities Want and Need From Software and Analytics
Aclara recently released AclaraONE® (One Network for Everyone), a next-generation SaaS solution...
From substations to customer billing meters, the AclaraONE™ (One Network for Everyone) platform provides utility operations and planning personnel with insights and confidence to safely monitor, manage, and control distribution grid assets in the most challenging of circumstances. AclaraONE leverages our advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) networks to provide communications and visibility to all your electric distribution devices including capacitor banks, reclosers, voltage regulators, customer meters, and other intelligent electronic devices. With AclaraONE, centralized data management of electric, water, and gas devices couples with advanced analytics to deliver actionable information to improve reliability, increase revenue performance, reduce operating cost, meet renewable objectives, while enhancing safety and consumer satisfaction.
The electric grid is more complex today than ever. New, carbon-emissions-reducing sources of green energy are making significant inroads in the power supply mix as utility companies worldwide introduce distributed energy resources (DER) that were not accounted for in traditional one-way grid design and operations. DER is altering our everyday lives, bringing significant challenges for distribution engineers, and impacting almost every aspect of your distribution networks.
As you seek new solutions to increase visibility into, and control over, your distribution networks, you need better ways to manage assets and safely and reliably accommodate the fluctuations in voltage, current, and loads that result from increased demand and the integration of distributed energy resources. Solutions that combine the latest technologies – from initial plan through implementation – offer new ways to monitor and control millions of distribution lines connecting homes and businesses while reducing costs, improving reliability, and actively engaging with customers.
Aclara’s load control solution enables utilities to implement load-management programs as secure dispatchable resources for improved grid quality. The solution, consisting of software and hardware:
- Utilizes a patented adaptive load control algorithm and analytics, allowing you to control load while eliminating the need for complex system modeling.
- Leverages industry standard APIs, enabling low-cost integration with third-party demand response management solutions.
- Alleviates specific locational constraints by managing consumer loads, installed at customer’s location.
AclaraONE technology enables utilities to better manage customer loads by building load-shed profiles using distributed intelligence to continually monitor loads locally,
Using the AclaraONE unified headend, distributed intelligence is easily and centrally managed by network operators, allowing you to set business rules, define strategies, and orchestrate load control events. Standards-based interfaces allow you to receive event objectives from balancing authorities.
Simply put, Aclara’s load control solution offers you the most advanced communications technology to manage your load programs and extend the life of your capital investments.
Unlike other control technologies, Aclara’s intelligent load control:
- Improves reliability during emergencies by transmitting SCRAM broadcast messages. Each message confirms load shed from all selected devices in under 15 seconds, quickly reducing loads and keeping the lights on.
- Improves long-term reliability by smoothing transitions, reducing system stresses with ramped load shed and cold load pickup.
- Reduces wholesale penalties and demand charges, which enables surgical peak reduction and peak shifting strategies.
- Increases customer satisfaction with intelligent load control that learns the customer’s load profile and applies load reduction, minimizing customer impact while maximizing load shed.
- Utilizes Aclara’s network for both AMI and load control, lowering maintenance costs.
- Improves forecasting because current sensors monitor availability for dispatch.
- Measures and verifies load shed using current sensors in the Aclara intelligent load control solution, along with the AMI meter.
According to EEI, 90% of outages in the U.S happen on the distribution grid network. But, predicting and responding to outages on this part of the network is difficult due to its sheer size. Yet, a utility’s ability to quickly resolve an electric outage is a critical driver of customer satisfaction as well as improved SAIDI, SAIFI, and CAIDI reliability metrics.
Aclara’s fault detection and localization solution complements outage management systems by automating the delivery of outage alert and restoration confirmation messages. It utilizes patent-pending algorithms to detect when a fault occurs, eliminating reliance on customer “no power” calls to notify you of an outage.
These algorithms also enable the identification of a fault location within the network by helping to:
- Reduce delays in service restoration by targeting truck rolls to the likely location of the cause of the service disruption
- Decrease time lost “driving the line” looking for the outage
This combination of reduced latency in detecting faults and more accurate targeting of crews to the fault location enables you to improve your SAIDI (System Average Interruption Duration Index) and CAIDI (Customer Average Interruption Duration Index) scores considerably. The fault detection and localization solution employs industry-standard APIs, enabling low-cost integration with third-party outage management solutions.
Aclara’s distribution automation solutions deliver unparalleled grid visibility and control of the electric distribution grid. Advanced analytics and communication management provided by the AclaraONE unified headend help utilities meet reliability, economic, regulatory, and safety objectives. Aclara’s purpose-built communications networks ensure that low latency, reliable communications, grid visibility, and control are available to all your grid monitoring sensors and distribution devices including capacitor banks, reclosers/line switches, voltage regulators, and load tap changers.
With AclaraONE’s robust, centralized data management capabilities, information is instantly available to all stakeholders. Our standards-based application interfaces also guarantee effective integration with other applications including DMS, SCADA, OMS, and GIS. Our advanced analytics tools turn your data into actionable information to locate and isolate faults, balance feeders, optimize the operation of capacitors and voltage management devices, and prevent outages by proactively identifying issues from electric waveforms.
Aclara’s distribution automation solutions meet your reliability, economics, regulatory and safety objectives with advanced applications:
- FLISR – fault location, isolation, and service restoration
- Peak reduction
- Balance/maximize DERs
- Power quality
- Voltage management
- Reduce wholesale costs – VAR, CVR
- Reduce losses and allow you to get more out of existing assets through capital deferment
- Energy conservation
- Renewable portfolio standards
- Validate switching
- Accurate crew information
Sensors & Analytics
Aclara sensors and analytics let you monitor your water and gas distribution networks, improve your daily operations, and provide your customers with relevant, actionable information about their usage. Providing real-time insights into your resource distribution networks, our sensors and analytics alert you to events that affect your operations and allow you to respond quickly to potential problems before they turn into expensive failures.
Sensors and analytics from Aclara increase the business value of the AMI investment you’ve already made. AclaraONE analyzes network and sensor data and provides insight into how your gas and water distribution networks are operating. With intuitive dashboards, prioritized alerts and alarms, and proactive analytics, AclaraONE helps you to get ahead of developing problems and enables you to maximize operational efficiencies.
Real water losses on the distribution system are caused by leaks on water mains and at device connections or by tank overflows. Identifying these leaks early can help utilities conserve water and meet regulatory requirements. Collecting data from sensors or monitoring points located throughout the distribution system improves the efficacy of AMI solutions.
- Collect time-synced acoustic data and correlate it at your office, providing visual identification of probable leak locations.
- Use single sign-on to keep performance, battery life, network health, and other vital alerts and reports at your fingertips.
Transform your water distribution data into actionable intelligence. Address non-revenue water loss, conservation and customer service challenges with Aclara’s suite of software and water analytics delivered by Valor. In partnership with Valor Water Analytics, Aclara offers water utilities new visibility into their distribution, meter, and billing applications and provides actionable recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Eliminate theft and data handling errors, ensuring billing integrity.
- Pinpoint meters that are incorrectly sized or not registering properly.
- Effectively target consumers for individualized communications about customer programs.
- Actively monitor your distribution networks, collecting detailed, accurate and actionable data on water and gas pressures.
- Trigger timely response to possible problems using email and SMS text alerts.
- Troubleshoot faults quickly using trend mode, which sends pressure reads every six minutes in response to alarms.
Our network management engages effectively and securely with business systems for billing, customer service, outage management, load management, and distribution engineering. The solution provides a comprehensive suite of interoperable, industry-standard integration adaptors, as well as standard and customizable file-based options.
The AclaraONE platform supports the complete lifecycle of an advanced metering infrastructure network through a headend that handles device installation, network messaging and device management and control.The AclaraONE unified headend offers a common user-experience for the installation services and systems administration of electric, gas, and water devices on the network.
The AclaraONE headend recognizes, visualizes, and makes operational the devices installed on Aclara RF, power line communications and cellular networks. The AclaraONE headend:
- Supports installation, recognition, and configuration of network data collector units for electric, gas, and water devices on Aclara RF networks.
- Offers similar services for substation collectors on Aclara powerline communications networks.
- Allows direct communication to the headend from Aclara cellular transmitters.
- Communicates with a comprehensive set gas, electric, and water meters, as well as related distribution-network sensors and controls.
- Supports Aclara electric meters as well those from other manufacturers and is water- and gas-meter agnostic.
- Covers core meter-to-cash operations as well as sensors for smart infrastructure solutions.
Network messaging on the AclaraONE platform is reliable, robust, and secure. The AclaraONE headend:
- Supports single-sign-on, user authentication, and integration with MS Active Directory®.
- Offers secure, role-based access to the platform and downstream pages and functions.
- Provides translation, filtering, routing, queuing, deduping, and decryption of inbound and outbound traffic for all devices.
- Is performance-tested and scalable to 12 million meters and devices.
The AclaraONE headend provides comprehensive, low-latency network monitoring and controls and:
- Delivers a set of over 100 health-alarms and software-generated analytics alerts prioritized and targeted to the user’s job function.
- Prioritizes alerts and alarms via a time-stamped, prioritized, events framework and displays them on dashboard alarm panels, maps, filterable lists, and drill-downs to devices.
- Supports advanced, two-way over-the-air (OTA) communications including authentication, encryption, firmware management, remote connect/disconnect, on-demand reads, pings, traces, diagnostics, reading schedules, and device configurations for sampling at specific time intervals.
- Records a complete, timestamped audit trail timestamped of system access.
Meter To Cash
Get complete insight into your advanced metering infrastructure network’s billed consumption with the high-performance AclaraONE platform. The reliable meter data management (MDM) component underlying AclaraONE provides accurate data to the utility billing system through a comprehensive set of industry-standard interfaces that connect securely to utility back-office and distribution operations.
The AclaraONE platform delivers meter-to-cash operations securely and accurately while providing proactive, actionable analytics for networks ranging in size from a few hundred meters to millions.
Deliver accurate bills and customer confidence. The AclaraONE MDM system supports end-to-end data validation, estimation, and editing (VEE), integrated reads, and billing determinant delivery.
- All interval data, as well as consumption data, are validated through the VEE workflow engine.
- Validation rules can be easily configured based on utility need.
CSR Portals and Tools
Increase customer satisfaction by giving customer service and network management employees the tools they need to deliver efficient service.
- Put the software tools in the hands of your employees to identify customer issues proactively and resolve them effectively.
- Seamlessly access to the platform’s primary components – network management, meter data management, and consumer engagement.
Move beyond billing analytics and get a complete understanding of customer consumption using AclaraONE analytics, alerts, views, and reports.
Easily handle gas, water, and electric commodity data – or any combination – through the AclaraONE MDM solution.
- Incorporates secure data storage, a robust workflow for data VEE (validation, estimation, and editing) and sophisticated analytics.
- Provides and an advanced library of interfaces to integrate with all utility systems including billing, customer service, outage management, load management, and distribution engineering.
- Offers a comprehensive suite of interoperable, industry-standard integration adaptors, as well as standard and customizable file-based options.
Integral to the AclaraONE MDM is a powerful VEE engine that ensures utility business applications including billing determinant calculations, load research and forecasting, and distribution analysis employ complete, thorough, and accurate interval data. VEE allows you to:
- Configure parameters and VEE rules specifically for each meter group or collection.
- Associate meters with jurisdictions, meter types, meter functions, occupancy status, district conservation schedules, or customer types.
- Define collections as specifically or as broadly as necessary to tailor the VEE parameters to specific meter segments.
The AclaraONE headend provides comprehensive, low-latency network monitoring and controls and:
- Proactively identify trends and anomalies in individual, group, and aggregated trends.
- View data at the granular (5-min, 15-min, 60-min, etc.) as well as aggregated (daily, weekly, monthly) levels.
- Identify zones, groups, and individual customers with consumption issues and act to address potential leaks, theft, and unbilled consumption.
- Pinpoint irregular consumption patterns and events proactively.
- Provide advanced data visualization through charting, dashboard panels, and drill-downs for aggregated, historical, and trend views of individual meters, customers, and rules-based groups.
Use the power of configurable thresholds, prioritization-levels, and rules-based groupings to generate alerts and events.
- Identify consumption issues including leaks, excess consumption, and irregular consumption patterns – relative to seasonal, historical, or peer-based comparisons.
- Generate notifications and actions for employees through the AclaraONE dashboard, email, SMS text, and work-order management interfaces.