This limited warranty (“Warranty”) of Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. (“Hubbell”) applies only to new CHANCE® brand helical piles and ATLAS RESISTANCE® brand piers and their Hubbell physical hardware in the original installation (“Products”)
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY COVER?
A. The Warranty applies only to Products manufactured by Hubbell under the CHANCE® brand helical pile and ATLAS RESISTANCE® brand pier names that are registered and installed by a Certified Installer (ask for a copy of installer’s official CHANCE Certified Installer card). The Warranty excludes solar foundations, street light foundations and utility installations. Download a copy of the Warranty
Q. WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY DO?
A. Hubbell warrants that the Products will be free of defects in material and workmanship for thirty (30) years from date of installation of the Products. If the Products are defective, Hubbell will repair or replace (at its discretion) the defective Products free of charge.
Q. DOES THE WARRANTY INCLUDE THE COSTS OF LABOR?
A. No, the Warranty does not include reimbursement for the expenses of evaluation, labor, removal, installation or re-installation of original, repaired or replacement Products. Such costs are the responsibility of the Certified Installer, Property Owner or other third party.
Q. CAN I CHOOSE THE INSTALLER?
A. To obtain the Warranty, the products must be installed by an installer certified by Hubbell with an active (non-expired) certification (ask for a copy of installer’s official CHANCE Certified Installer card - you will need their name and certification number to register your product). If the product is not installed by a Certified Installer, the Warranty Period will be limited to one (1) year from the date of installation.
A. Ask to see their certification card and check its expiration date. If you ever need to make a claim, you will need a photocopy of the card. You will need the installer's name and certification number for product registration.
Q. WHAT IF THE BUILDER OR CONTRACTOR CHOOSES AN INSTALLER THAT IS NOT A CERTIFIED INSTALLER?
A. You will be subject to that installer’s warranty and a one (1) year warranty period from Hubbell. Therefore, to benefit from Hubbell’s 30-Year Limited Transferable Warranty, you should request a Certified Installer.
Q. WHAT IF I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL PROPERTY OWNER… CAN THE WARRANTY BE TRANSFERRED TO ME?
A. Yes, the Original Property Owner can transfer and assign the Warranty. See the Transfer of Warranty section of the Warranty for complete transfer requirements, including timing. Download the Transfer of Warranty form.
Q. HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE WARRANTY?
A. Register your Product(s) now and receive a Product Registration E-mail which serves as your Warranty Registration proof. See the 30-Year Limited Warranty Registration Requirements in the Warranty for complete details. In order for the warranty to be valid, all Hubbell Products must be registered within 180 days of installation.
Q. ARE THERE ANY OTHER THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN TO VOID THE WARRANTY?
A. Yes, Hubbell is not responsible for movement, defects, injury or damages (including death) caused by any of the following:
• any acts of God, such as, any earthquake, severe wind, flood, fire, vandalism, drought, excessive soil saturation, change in the water table, further or new subsidence or sinkhole, and/or any change in any existing subsidence or sinkhole;
• if the existing concrete, foundation, slab, wall and/or footing is defective, insufficient or inadequate in width, thickness, structural integrity and/or strength;
• any act, negligence, error, omission or condition by anyone other than Hubbell;
• any error, omission or defect in any design, engineering and/or testing by the Original Property Owner, New Property Owner, Subsequent Property Owner or their respective agents, other contractors or professionals;
• any unknown or hidden conditions;
• movement due to or arising out of any differential settlement of any portions of any improvement which was not underpinned with the Products;
• if the Original, New or Subsequent Property Owner or any third party in any way modifies or changes the Products or any portion of the structure, foundation or property upon which the Products are reliant; and/or
• in the event no notice of defect is given to Hubbell prior to the Original Property Owner transferring or assigning legal title to the property to the New Property Owner as provided herein, or in the event no notice of defect is given to Hubbell prior to the New Property Owner transferring or assigning legal title to the property to the Subsequent Property Owner as provided herein.
A. See the Warranty Claim Process section of the Warranty for complete details.
Q. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY WARRANTY CLAIM?
A. After a warranty claim is documented, Hubbell or an authorized Hubbell representative will contact the Original, New or Subsequent Property Owner and provide them with instructions.
Only Products that have been registered with Hubbell will qualify for Warranty claim consideration. Pursuant to the terms of the Hubbell 30-Year Limited Product Warranty, Products that exhibit possible defects in material or workmanship within the 30-year Warranty period must be brought to the attention of your original installer or a Certified Installer. The Products will be evaluated by Hubbell or a Certified Installer, which may involve on-site inspection or return of Products to the factory. If Hubbell or the authorized Hubbell representative determines that the Products are defective, the property owner will be notified. Once notified, a warranty claim form must be completed by the Property Owner and submitted to Hubbell. After a warranty claim is received by Hubbell and approved, Hubbell or an authorized Hubbell representative will contact the Current Property Owner and provide instructions on next steps. A Return Material Authorization will be issued and the return freight costs will be covered by Hubbell if the Product has not already been returned. This Warranty does not include reimbursement for the expenses of evaluation, labor, removal, installation or re-installation of the original, repaired or replacement Product, which costs are the responsibility of the Certified Installer, Property Owner or other third party.
To make a valid warranty claim, you will need all of the following items listed below.
• Original, completed Warranty Claim Form
• Copy of the Hubbell Warranty Product Registration e-mail
• Copy of the Product bill of sale
• Copy of the Installer's Certification Card
• Copy of the Installer's installation warranty
Before submitting a claim, contact your Certified Installer so the installing company can determine if the products are faulty. If a product defect is found to be the cause of the claim, the Certified Installer should contact Hubbell Power Systems with the supplied documentation.