High Voltage Cable & Wire Testing
High voltage testing of cable and wire insulation is an important process in research, development, and production for our customers in the cable business. It is also an integral part of the manufacturing process to verify cable insulation integrity before it is installed on-site. A high voltage cable test may include AC withstand, partial discharge, and DC hipot to name a few. Today's cables must be able to withstand higher voltage levels, weigh less and be more durable than ever before, making this type of testing so crucial in the cable and wire industry. HIPOTRONICS prides itself on being in the forefront of cable and wire testing technology. From our standard AC dielectric test systems, to our resonant we work with our customers to provide the best solution for testing a wide range of high voltage cables.
Applied AC Testing
- Resonant Test Systems: Our modular and tank Series Resonant Systems are designed to test high voltage cable according to the latest IEC, AEIC and UL standards.
- 700 Series: Our dielectric test systems are designed in a wide range of voltage and power ratings to meet requirements for testing low and medium voltage cables.
Heat Cycle Testing
- LV Systems: Our heat cycle test systems are designed and built for cable type testing by raising and controlling the temperature of a conductor to simulate current loading conditions in an electrical circuit.
Ultra High Voltage DC
- UVHDC: Our ultra high voltage DC test systems are designed to perform cable insulation tests according to CIGRE 219, 496 & 189 and are modular for easy set-up and future expansion.
DC Hipot Test Equipment
- DC Hipot Test Equipment: Our portable and modular DC Hipots are designed to perform cable insulation tests on medium voltage power cable both during installation and for routine maintenance.